A designer purse that charges your cell wirelessly sounds almost too good to be true, but it's the real deal. Everpurse teamed up with Kate Spade to produce these fashion-forward bags. Take a look into Kate Spade's most fashionable pieces of technology - her newest handbag collaboration.
Getting Started Stylishly
These bags mainly work with iPhones 5-8+ and iPhone X. Kate Spade's "Off The Grid" collection is the exclusive crop of bags that will work with select Samsung devices.
How exactly does this techie bag work? When you purchase one of these advanced Kate Spade bags you will receive:
- A charging mat
- A cable to connect to the mat to initially charge the purse (this cable and adapter fit universally worldwide in all outlets)
- Different "sleeves" for your iPhone
In case you decide to upgrade your iPhone, just pop in a different sleeve; no need to get a whole new bag.
After you charge your bag on the charging mat, simply slide your iPhone into the charging pocket within the purse. This pocket, with its special charging sleeve, is what will power your cell when you are in church, on the beach, stuck in a meeting, out shopping, etc.
To recharge your Kate Spade bag, place your bag on the charging mat for about seven hours (or overnight). The mat's light will turn green once charging is complete. This process gives your cell up to 2.5x more life, though throughout the day if your iPhone dies, slip it in its special sleeve and you can expect it to fully recharge at least twice.
Small Harmony Tote
This tote is the ideal bag to carry to and from the office. It's even sophisticated enough to take out for after work drinks. Created from black saffiano leather, the small Harmony works with all iPhones. Available from Amazon in all black, this iPhone charging purse is about $380 and also comes in two different shades of color-blocked pinks on Everpurse's website.
This spacious tote has a zippered top, two handles with a nine-inch drop length, and measures 9.9"h x 11.9"w x 6.2"d. This bag embodies sophistication and looks great with a work suit.
Jude Off The Grid
This charging crossbody is great for the woman always on the go. Because the Jude is part of Kate Spade's "Off The Grid" collection, this crossbody is compatible with select Samsung devices. Measuring 4.3"h x 7"w x 1.2"d, this charging crossbody (about $300) is non-bulky, and slender. This bag comes in an either all-black crosshatched leather, or a color-blocked option, where about an inch of the top is ivory tusk in color, while the rest of the bag is black.
Both options are super chic, and feature a black and white window pane lining. Its strap is adjustable according to your preferences, and there is an outside slide pocket for when you don't have the ability to unzip the main pocket. This bag, in one word, is convenient.
This black and off-white "Off The Grid" wristlet is compatible with select Samsung devices, and available for about $100. Also available in all black, this charging bag is 3.34"h x 7.0"w x 1.29"d and made of nylon. Both colors feature a yellow gold exposed wrap-around zipper, giving this little guy an extra style kick.
Techie Tip: Buy this wristlet mainly for its wireless cell phone charging abilities and throw it into any other non-tech bag. Use it for recharging your cell and holding important small papers and cards. This way, you can tuck your Kate Spade charging wristlet into your Chanel or other bag, and not have to worry if your phone dies - because you can recharge it in your wristlet.
Dessie Laptop Bag
Another "Off The Grid" product, this sleek charging laptop tote is available for around $280. It's constructed of black saffiano leather, and it has an attachable longer strap in case you don't want to hold it like a top handle. This bag is 10"h x 13.5"w x 2"d and can fit a 13" laptop comfortably.
The Dessie has gold hardware and exterior and interior slide pockets. Use this laptop bag in place of a briefcase and arrive at that meeting in style.
Pros and Cons
Like anything else in life, there are pros and cons to this rechargeable bag line up:
- There's no need to carry around your dirty, tangled, half-broken iPhone charger anymore.
- The built-in charging pocket is a serious space saver.
- Every time a new iPhone comes out, you can get an updated charging sleeve. Because of this, your Kate Spade charging purse will never become obsolete.
- These designer bags are not disgraceful in price: the highest cost of one of these pieces is just under $700, and you can also find them on sale for less.
- With the Harmony tote, Android, and any other type of phone that is not an Apple iPhone, won't be compatible.
- Select Samsung devices work, but only with the "Off The Grid" collection.
- These bags are in-demand and they sell out fast. They are only available via three options: Kate Spade's website, Everpurse's website, or Amazon; and each retailer only has select items. Finding a specific bag may be a tough task.
- If you have a large case on your iPhone, you may need to get a smaller one. Larger cases will not fit in the charging sleeve.
Well actually, there is nothing nerdy about these Kate Spade wireless cell phone charging bags. You would never know that hidden within these purses are high-tech compartments. Never having to worry about your cell's battery status is a pretty big deal. Consider charging problems a thing of the past.