Fake Burberry bags can be recognized when you follow simple steps in a Burberry authenticity check. You will often find any combination of these signs in a fake Burberry bag.
How to Spot a Fake Burberry Bag
You will need to examine several things, such as stitching, plaid mismatch, logo, hardware, and other features found in a fake Burberry bag. Each of the 9 steps is important in helping you determine the authenticity of your Burberry bag.
1. Examine the Stitching
A fake Burberry bag will have uneven stitching. Like all designer handbags, Burberry takes pride in the excellent craftsmanship needed to create each bag. It would be impossible to command the high prices for these purses if the craftsmanship was shoddy. However, that is exactly what you'll find in the majority of fake Burberry bags.
- The stitching on an authentic Burberry bag should be straight without any crooked lines.
- The stitches should be consistent in spacing and size. You shouldn't find varying sizes of stitching on any Burberry purse. T
- here shouldn't be any loose or frayed threads.
- You want to examine the seams along the lining. Any handles sewn onto the bag should be carefully inspected.
- You need to inspect the stitching along flaps, sides, and shoulder straps.
- The authentic Burberry purse should be impeccably crafted.
2. Look at the Label or Metal Plaque
Inside each Burberry bag you'll either find a leather label or a metal plaque. The logo should be centered on the label/stamp or plaque. The logo should be readable with clean, sharp lettering.
Other minor details that are typically overlooked in a fake Burberry bag include mismatched metal colors and poor engraving. If your bag includes a metal plaque, it should be the same metal color as the rest of the purse. The engraving on the plaque should be neat, sharp, and clear. Many fake purses feature uneven and blurry engraving.
3. Examine Font Letters of Burberry Logo
You will quickly learn how to distinguish the very distinctive font style for the Burberry logo letters. Once you understand what to look for, you may be able to identify a fake Burberry bag based purely on the logo issues found in the majority of counterfeit Burberry bags.
- The correct font displays the "Rs" having a slight tail.
- The left stem of the "U" is wider than the right one.
- The left arm of the "Y" is wider than the right arm.
- The lower bowl of the letter "B" is slightly larger than the upper bowl.
- The difference in the letter "E" is barely noticeable, but the bottom bar extends beyond the length of the top bar.
4. Check the Folded Bag Tag
The folded bag tag features the Burberry font on the outside. You want to examine the letters to ensure they are the correct font. Inside the tag, you'll find product details, such as the style, color, and a barcode. The tag information should match the purse. Sometimes fake Burberry bags have mismatched tags, so you want to pay close attention to the swing tag information.
5. Examine the Haymarket Check Pattern and Knight Image
The classic Burberry Haymarket Check pattern features a faded equestrian knight insignia that is placed where the red lines intersect. This is a well-known Burberry pattern and is distinctive. If your bag is made of the Haymarket Check pattern and doesn't have the faded knight image within the pattern, then your bag is most likely not an official Burberry handbag.
6. Watch for Bag Plaid Patterns and Mismatched Plaids
There are several other Burberry plaids, such as the Nova Check, House Check, and Classic Check. Each Burberry plaid has specific colored stripes and a colored background. Burberry plaids are precise with straight lines, making an irregular plaid pattern design the most telling sign of a fake Burberry purse.
In addition to the printing of the plaid, the construction of the bag is important since many fake Burberry plaid bags do a poor job matching where the plaids meet. For example, if the plaid patterns meet on the side of the bag or the front plaid meets the back plaid, the lines on the plaids should have a seamless continuation to the other panel of plaid. Fake Burberry bags will typically be askew. Some may be slightly mismatched, while others are very noticeable.
7. Authenticate Care Booklet Logo
Each Burberry bag comes with a care booklet. You can authenticate the booklet by examining the Burberry logo (described in 3). The logo should be centered and printed clearly.
8. Pay Attention to Hardware
The Burberry hardware is solid metal. It is heavy and substantial. It is never flimsy, and it won't chip or flake. Some pieces of hardware are engraved with the equestrian knight symbol. Whenever you find engraved metal on a Burberry bag, it should be precisely engraved. The engraved knight should be easily identifiable and never blurry or poor quality.
9. Look for a YKK Zippers
Burberry bags feature Riri brand YKK zippers. The zipper should be engraved with the Riri logo. The zippers on Burberry bags are always smooth to open and close. The zippers of a Burberry bag always match the gold or silver color of the other hardware and leather tag embossing.
How to Avoid Buying a Fake Burberry Bag
You can use simple steps to identify a fake Burberry bag. When you know what to look for in an authentic Burberry bag, you can avoid purchasing a counterfeit bag.