There's nothing worse than tossing your belongings into the abyss that is a large bag without pockets. A tote with lots of pockets is one way of staying organized on the go so you don't lose your favorite pen, lipstick, or mind (as you're frantically digging through a pocketless bag for your keys or small wallet). Everything will have its place and it'll make your whole day feel like it's going more smoothly.
9 Great Places to Buy Totes With Multiple Pockets
You'll find a great selection of pocket totes in the handbag section of most department stores, or you can purchase one online. Prices vary depending on the materials used and the brand name, but expect to spend anywhere from $30 to $150.
The following retailers carry totes with plenty of pockets for your stuff:
Zappos.com has more than 2000 pocket totes in stock from a variety of different brands. You'll find totes made of leather or fabric, as well as diaper bag-style totes for carrying baby essentials.
- The Michael Kors Bedford Top-Zip Pocket Tote is available in soft pink, black, optic white, fawn, and luggage for around $200.00. It has exterior slip pockets, an internal zipper pocket, and slip pockets on the inside. It's made from leather and has a zipper closure on top. This classic style can go anywhere, with almost any outfit.
Etsy, an artist's marketplace, offers a constantly changing selection of handbags and totes, many with lots of interior and exterior compartments.
- The Gifts Happen Here shop has a large beach tote option with all of its pockets on the outside. Choose from several colors and patterns, then choose your monogram color and style. It zips at the top and has two side mesh pockets, a small pocket on the side, three outside open pockets, and one Velcro closure pocket. Expect to pay around $30.00 (the monogramming is included in the price).
L.L. Bean has a selection of durable totes that take you from work, to play, to adventure (even if that's just an adventure to the grocery store with three kids).
- The Field Canvas Pack Tote is a canvas bag with pockets on the inside and outside, plus backpack straps that tuck away when you just want to carry the bag over your shoulder. It's available in black, navy, and saddle for about $100.00. The inside is lined with beautiful plaid flannel.
Nordstrom, with their free returns, is a great place to pick up several totes to try with outfits you may have at home. They offer over 200 different designs, most of which have tons of compartments. Consider:
- The Tory Burch Parker Leather Tote has four wall pockets, an interior zip pocket, and a magnetic slip pocket on the outside. It's available in five colors, most of which are neutrals that will match almost anything year-round. Expect to pay around $300.00.
Reisenthel makes totes with lots of pockets that you can use for everyday needs or for shopping (in place of plastic bags). If you live in the United States, you may not be able to get them straight from the site, but they are available online. Check out The Container Store's selection online.
- The Multi Bag will only set you back around $35.00. It's made from polyester and has an adjustable, removable shoulder strap, a zipper closure, a zippered pocket on the inside, four open pockets, and two expandable elastic pockets as well. The handles are designed with comfort in mind.
Amazon has a range of totes with lots of pockets. There are several styles and color schemes to choose from.
- The SCOUT Pocket Rocket Tote, which is just under $50.00 and available in 20 color combinations, is a go-anywhere option. There are six exterior pockets and one interior one, and the bag can be carried by its handles or a shoulder strap.
Everest Bags is a line of casual bags that seem ready for an active lifestyle. There are several styles, including totes with lots of pockets.
- The Deluxe Shopping Tote is less than $30.00 and comes in almost any color you could want. There are brights, bolds, deeps, and neutrals. The main section is large and has a zippered closure. In addition, there are three exterior pockets, a detachable coin purse, adjustable straps, and a padded zipper compartment on the bottom.
Overstock has an always-changing inventory of bags, but it's a good place to check for tote bags with enough pockets to fit your needs.
- The Kipling Johanna True Blue Tote Handbag is about $100.00 and offers interior and exterior pockets in a variety of sizes and shapes.
Kipling has a whole collection of totes to choose from on their website. Here, a tote isn't "just" a tote. There are several shapes and sizes to choose from, some listed as laptop totes while others are diaper bag totes or just everyday styles that convert from tote to satchel with the use of just a few zippers.
- The Noor Printed Laptop Tote in Optic Beige Multi is an investment at over $100.00, but it's designed to safely hold your laptop and other items. There's a zip closure at the top, side slip pockets big enough for a water bottle, external zipper and flap pockets, and internal slip pockets. It also keeps you even more organized with a pen loop and key clasp.
If You Like to Sew
You can easily make your own tote with this pattern if you have the time and know how to sew. Though it's not as quick as shopping online and materials may be limited, you can easily customize your bag and get exactly what you want.
Find Everything You Need
Whether you're a mom who needs her tote to double as a diaper bag, a student or professional who carries a laptop everywhere, or someone who's just looking for a regular purse that'll stay organized, a tote with multiple pockets is the way to go. There are tons of designs and color schemes out there at a wide range of price points, so there's something for everyone.