For today's busy woman, organizer purses help keep essential items at your fingertips. The key to finding the right organizational handbag is knowing what features you need and what your organizing style is.
Baggallini Is a Best Purse Organizer Brand
The Baggallini brand was created by flight attendants who knew how important organization can be. The brand has a wide range of handbag designs with excellent organizational features ranging in style from mini bags to totes and crossbody styles.
RFID Jane Bag
The website states the RFID Janet crossbody bag was named for one of their favorite customers. This bag is touted as the "essence of Baggallini". Inside this water-resistant nylon or printed fabric small bag you'll find multiple pockets designed to ensure you stay organized. The built-in back pocket RFID features enough slots to hold six of your credit and/or debit cards. There's a fast access pocket just for your phone. The 52" crossbody strap is adjustable. Sells for around $80.
Triple Zip Bagg
The Triple Zip Bagg is stylish and affordable. This small shoulder bag still keeps you very organized with its three separate zippered compartments. It also has a secure interior credit card slot and a lipstick pouch. The convertible strap allows you to use it as a shoulder bag, crossbody bag, or waist pouch. It's available in red, charcoal, beach (tan), and java. Available just under $50.
The Derek Alexander brand offers a selection of simple and functional organizer purses done in high quality leather.
Double Zip Organizer Handbag
The black leather mid-sized Double Zip Organizer Handbag features two top zip compartments. One compartment features eight credit card slots. The other zip compartment offers an additional key holder and interior zip pocket. The shoulder strap is adjustable, so you can use it with a short shoulder strap or extend the strap to wear it as a crossbody style. Interior lining features the cotton-poly Derek Alexander signature tartan. It costs around $108.
EW Top Zip Organizer
The EW Top Zip Organizer is divided into two zipper compartments. One of the compartments is open to store larger items, and the other is divided for maximum organizing capabilities. The divided compartment has ten slots for credit cards, three drop pockets, a slide pocket and a pen holder. This leather bag comes in black, brown and tan. Customer reviews on eBags are largely positive, with one describing the bag as "small enough to carry easily yet large enough to carry the essentials." It costs around $173.
Osgoode Marley features fine leather goods crafted by trained artisans. The leather is sourced from Buenos Aires, Argentina and shipped to New York City to be enhanced. The finished product is then sent to the company's warehouses in China where it is cut and stitches and stored.
The Crossbody Organizer features a main compartment that has a flap secured by a magnetic closure. There a zippered back wall pocket and rear organizer pocket suitable for six cards. There's also a zippers front pocket where you can store your phone and other items. There's also two pen sleeves, two open pockets, a key hook and one large zippered pocket. The strap adjusts from 13" to 27". Sells for around $192.
The multi-pocket urbanizer features a large flap that covers the main compartment and is secured by a magnet. A drop-down organizer section is secured in place when not in use by a snap. The organizer section hold five cards and features an ID window. One leather pen hoop and four full length slip pockets provide you with additional storage along with one full-length zipper pocket. A back zippered pocket for storage also features one slip pocket. In addition, there's a 2" back zippered compartment and 6" exterior pocket. The strap is adjustable to 20" to 30".
Anuschka offers colorful hand-painted leather designs. The line includes several styles designed specifically as organizer bags. The brand's purses consistently get 5-star reviews on Amazon, and they are praised for both their beautiful style and organization.
Compact Crossbody Travel Organizer
Anuschka's Compact Crossbody Travel Organizer is an eye-catching butterfly design featuring just enough storage for ideal for organizing travel necessities. You have a main compartment for large items and a zippered back wall pocket with four card slots along with multi-purpose pockets to store your cell phone and other valuable. The crossbody strap can be adjusted to 24" to 26" long. Sells for around $148.
Hand Painted Triple Compartment Crossbody Bag
The Triple Compartment Crossbody Bag is perfect for the woman on the go. The three separate top compartments open with zippers, and there are two snap-closure pockets in the middle. There are also plenty of other pockets: interior slip wall pockets, an exterior zippered rear pocket inside, cell phone pocket, and a removable ID holder. This style costs around $238.00 and is available in dolphin world, earth song, floral fantasy, and jeweled plume designs.
Brighton's Best Purses to Stay Organized
Brighton purses are based on a combination of timeless designs, attention to detail, and the sourcing of the finest materials in the world. These are some of the best purses to stay organized.
- The Pretty Tough City Organizer is on the smaller side, but it still has a front organizing section with five card slots, ID window, pen holder, and multifunctional pockets. It's made from genuine leather and features an adjustable shoulder strap. Available in seven colors. Expect to pay around $255.00.
- The Moreneta Organizer Handbag is perfect when you need something dressy that will also keep all your things organized. The top design features stitched beadwork and closes with a magnetic flap. There are four interior pockets, 14 credit card slots, one ID window and one exterior pocket. You can adjust the shoulder strap between 14" to 20". Sells for around $275.00.
Places to Shop for Organizers
The brands and styles mentioned above aren't the only options; there are plenty of organizer purses and inserts on the market. Retailers with sections of their websites devoted to organizer purses or inserts include:
- eBags carries many different brands and styles of organizer bags, which can be filtered by brand, color, material and more.
- Shoes.com has hundreds of handbags designed to help organize your life on-the-go, ranging in style and priced for both the discount and luxury shoppers.
- Zappos has an excellent selection of organizer handbags and purse organizers in a variety of sizes and price points.
Organizer Handbags With Built-In Wallets
You can save time and effort when you purchase an organizer handbag with a built-in wallet. Some designs feature an exterior pocket for the wallet. Baggallini features an everyday crossbody purse with a built-in wallet that's available in many colors that sells for around $43. Tanga features a soft leather crossbody bag with a built-in wallet that's available in eight colors and sells for around $20.
Features and Styles of Organizer Handbags
While you may find similar features amongst handbag choices, you aren't limited to a short list of styles.
Common Features Available
The goal of organizer purses is to make toting your things easier and more functional, and both traditional and contemporary styles are based on dividing and containing to create organization. Common features you may want to look for include:
- At least one open and one zippered or closed compartment
- An easy-to-open design to access purse contents easily
- A built-in wallet or slots for credit cards, cash, etc.
- Clear slot for license or ID
- Built-in change purse or holder
- Cell phone pocket
- Attached bag or zippered or snap pouch for cosmetics
- Hidden or zippered pocket for feminine products
- Pen slots or loops
- Key clip or compartment for keys
- Slip pocket for frequently used items
- Built in case for eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Elastic loop for water bottle or hairbrush
- Small elastic loops or pockets for breath mints, gum, or lip balm
- Stiff-sided slot for receipts and paper
- Adjustable straps
Styles of Handbags Organizers
Despite having similar features, using an organizer handbag doesn't mean being restricted to matronly styles and bland designs. There are dozens of creative designs, colors, sizes, and materials - everything from fun and flirty discount bags to sleek and streamlined designer purses. Embroidered clutches, mini denim backpacks, nylon messenger bags, croc-style cargo satchels and even Italian leather hobo styles are designed with organizational features. Structured styles are popular, but organizing features are also available in some less structured bags. Unstructured, slouchy and soft-sided bags are more difficult to find as organizers, however, since their more structured counterparts are easier to divide and compartmentalize.
Choosing Your Purse
Choosing organizer purses, like any accessory or clothing item, is an adventure in finding that delicate balance between fashion and function, your needs and your personal style. Choosing your purse also depends on what kind of organizational style you have.
- Are you a perfectionist? You may want to look for highly structured, streamlined, medium-size bags with lots of slots and zippered pockets to keep everything in place. The Buxton Bag might be perfect for you.
- Are you a packer? Look for large bags or totes with various sized compartments to hold extra items like hand sanitizer, extra credit cards, pad of paper, bandages, and address book so these things aren't crammed into a small space and jumbled together. A large insert organizer, such as the Pursket, will allow you to turn your hobo bag into an organized handbag haven.
- Are you a dumper? Do you try to keep organized but have a tendency to just throw things in your purse? Look for medium-sized bags with open slots, snap or elasticized pockets, and elastic loops so you can easily slip items into your purse without too much effort and still be organized. Anuschka offers several larger organizer bags. The durable leather organizer handbag will hold up to things being tossed inside.
- Are you a de-clutterer? Do you constantly throw things out of your purse and carry only the minimum you need? Look for small or mini bags or travel clutches with attached wallets and coin purses to keep your items neat and easy to reach. A smaller Derek Alexander or Butler Bag might be perfect for you.
Combine Personal Style With Organization
Whether you choose an organizer bag with built-in features or add an insert organizer to an existing bag, having your essentials neat and orderly saves time and frustration. With the many styles available, there's no need to sacrifice great style for organization.