From celebrities and A-list actresses to fashion bloggers and the girl you see in the supermarket, it seems like everyone is carrying a Louis Vuitton (LV) under their arm. With decades of fabulous purses under its belt, it is no surprise that you're in the market for a new (or maybe your very first) Louis Vuitton handbag. Find out just how to get your well-manicured hands on a coveted LV purse.
Shop Directly from Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton is a brand so popular that it is a household name, but there are also many counterfeits, so it's imperative to know where to shop. Shopping directly through Louis Vuitton is best to make sure you get a genuine bag.
Louis Vuitton has many free-standing boutiques throughout the US, typically in major cities, including New York, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Chicago, Dallas, and Denver. In order to locate a boutique, visit their website and check the store locator for your nearest location.
Authentic, brand new, Louis Vuitton handbags can only be purchased online through the brand's website. They do not allow new bags to be sold elsewhere online.
Once browsing the LV website, hit the 'Women' tab towards the top of the page, and click on the word 'Handbags.' This will show you your handbag options such as: New This Season, Icons, Top Handles, Shoulder Bags, Backpacks, Minis, etc.
If you are searching for a specific bag, follow these tips:
- Say you plan on purchasing the Papillon bag (about $1,200). The easiest way to find what you are looking for is to search the term in the search box, which is towards the top right of the screen, by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
- Type in 'Papillon' and voilà, there is your gorgeous, classic LV monogram, rounded shoulder bag.
Once you find the right bag and add it to your cart, you can smile even wider because all items ship free of charge.
On the off chance that you don't love your LV purse, it's okay. You can return it via mail or in person at an LV store or boutique, along with receipt and original tags attached, and you will get a full refund if you return it within a month of purchase.
Purchase Over the Phone or E-mail
If you are not that internet savvy, don't worry. You can call LV at 1-866-Vuitton and purchase over the phone, or you can e-mail the company and someone will return your e-mail with any questions you may have, including purchasing options.
Purchasing Through Trusted Department Stores
Louis Vuitton also has placements inside luxury department stores like select Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdales. You cannot buy these online, but you can either go to the store in person to make a purchase r make one by phone.
Tips for Buying by Phone
Go on any of these five department stores' websites, call their customer service phone number, and mention that you would like to purchase a Louis Vuitton handbag over the phone. They will be more than happy to do this for you.
It is not necessary, but very helpful, to have a style number when making a purchase over the phone. Getting this number is easy:
- Go on LV's website and browse their bags like stated above.
- Click on any bag you would like to purchase.
- Once you click on this purse, the screen will show an image of your bag on the left, and other information on the right.
- The style number is the first number under the bag's name on the right side of your screen.
You can call any LV store, or any LV boutique within the listed department stores, give the sales associate your bag's style number, and they will be able to tell you if they have the bag in stock and give you other details about the bag.
Find Secondhand Stunners
It is now extremely common to purchase designer bags, especially Louis Vuitton ones, as pre-loved. Pre-loved is just a fancier term for secondhand items. It is especially important to know how to spot a fake LV handbag while browsing consignment shops, as they are not authorized retailers.
However, many resale shops are better than others, and they have expert inspectors who know how to tell the real from the fake. Here are some tried and true consignment shops, who more often than not, always have a selection of LV bags to choose from:
What Goes Around Comes Around
This NYC-based luxury resale store has been in business since 1993 and has since gained a huge celebrity following. Because of its popularity and demand, What Goes Around Comes Around (WGACA) also opened up stores in Miami, Beverly Hills, and other parts of New York. Thankfully you can shop for Louis Vuitton bags at WGACA online.
This store is a good option because:
- They always have LV handbags in stock, so you know you are not wasting your time.
- Because of their good reputation, sellers aren't scared to trust WGACA with their very rare LV pieces. This means you can find both unique and classic bags here.
- They use Affirm, which means you can pay in installments for your new pre-loved purse.
- You have 14 days to return your purchase, unless it is a final sale item.
- Their evaluating experts are first-class and everything WGACA sells is guaranteed authentic.
Ann's Fabulous Finds
Ann's Fabulous Finds (AFF) is a luxury consignment shop that gets rave reviews. Just check out TrustPilot's customer reviews, where Ann's Fabulous Finds has a 9.7 excellence rating out of 10. They promise 100 percent authenticity and they always have a ton of Louis Vuitton items in stock.
Why you should buy your next Louis Vuitton online here:
- AFF offers free FedEx shipping within the US.
- What you see is what you get. AFF works with a professional photographer who takes exceptional pictures of every item using a high resolution camera.
- They offer layaway pricing and Affirm pricing, so on eligible LV's you do not always need to pay full-ask up front.
- You can pay with any major credit card or PayPal, too.
- You are able to return your purchase for any reason within 10 days of receiving it.
- AFF has an amazing Instagram account where they showcase their for sale items and their happy customers.
Yoogi's Closet has hundreds of Louis Vuitton bags in stock. At times, they even have close to 800! This is a Louis Vuitton fanatic's dream come true. You know you can trust a company when they have an A+ rating, and Yoogi's Closet has just that, according to the Better Business Bureau.
Check out the many reasons to shop Yoogi's Closet:
- Yoogi's Closet offers $75 off of your first purchase of $500 or more with e-mail sign up.
- They have an 800 number for live help: 1-800-274-9691.
- Your bag's authenticity is guaranteed within a 30-day return period and there is free shipping on all domestic orders.
- They have 4.9 stars in trusted Google customer reviews.
- Credit cards, PayPal, Affirm, money orders, and bank wire transfers are all acceptable payments.
Bag Rental Options
If you need another option, you can actually rent a precious Louis Vuitton purse for a fraction of the retail cost. Maybe you need a mini clutch for a wedding, or maybe you need a larger tote bag for traveling? It doesn't matter the event, now you can rent an LV handbag for any occasion.
Many bag rental websites are complete scammers, but Bagdujour.com is not on that list. Bagdujour.com is a trusted company according to TrustPilot. They have a limited LV selection, but that is expected with a rental service. Most of the time people would rather just save up for the real deal.
Why you should rent with Bagdujour.com:
- Bags are available to rent in one-month periods, so this service allows you to constantly change up your purse picks.
- You have the option to renew the one-month period before anyone else can claim your bag.
- Certified authentic, but if you are unhappy with your bag you can return it in two days for a full refund.
- Their average LV bag can be rented for $200 per month. They offer classic and trendy styles.
- They also have a cute blog you can follow for purse inspiration.
Supursetyle.com is another trusted designer bag rental company that offers 10 percent for first time customers. Supursestyle.com has a proven track record of success with 5-star ratings on Facebook and on Google.
What Supursestyle.com offers:
- You can rent a bag weekly, so there is less of a commitment. This is great for fashionistas who get bored easily and who like to change up their purse weekly just like their accessories.
- Insurance against normal wear and tear is included in the rental price.
- Free shipping is available over $150.
- $150 is the average weekly rental for one of their LV handbags.
- They offer a minimal selection, but it is nicely curated.
Louis Vuitton Price Ranges
Buying a new LV bag will cost you a pretty penny, but it is worth the cost. Classics like their monogrammed canvas Papillon, Neverfull, Speedy, and Alma styles all retail for around $1,500.
However, its 'Icons' collection is very diverse, colorful, shapely, and expensive. One of the most expensive bags from this collection is a whopping nearly $49,000 Capucines MM black crocodile top handle. On the lower side of this collection is an adorable Twist MM epi-leather, baby pink, mini shoulder bag, costing about $4,400.
Louis Vuitton truly has an assortment of hundreds of handbags, vastly varying in style and price. It is safe to assume that the average LV purse will cost you around $5,000. Luckily, these bags are made with exceptional quality and built to last, so you can justify your priced purchase.
Not sure if you are ready for this $5,000 commitment? Think about purchasing these beautiful bags secondhand, or consider a rental option, from one of the sources listed above.
Louis Vuitton Lovers
Louis Vuitton is one of the top luxury handbag designers in the world, so there will always be incentives for counterfeits. However, armed with all this great new information within this article, you can be confident you are shopping at stores who claim 100 percent customer satisfaction and bag authenticity. Whether purchasing brand new, gently pre-loved, or renting, you are sure to turn heads while wearing your Louis Vuitton handbag.