No matter what you're wearing, you can always use a purse to add visual interest and color to your wardrobe choice. Purses need to be functional as well as stylish, though, to accommodate your busy life between going to school, holding down a part-time job, hanging out with your friends, and going on dates.
Shopping Tips for Cute Junior Purses for Teens
If you plan to shop online for purses, sometimes it's easier to find what you're looking for if you know which brands cater to teens. While not all the brands mentioned here are teen-specific, they do offer cute, stylish bags at a wide range of prices, perfect for young buyers.
- Make sure you consider function as well as fashion when shopping.
- You'll need to consider purses that will work as well at school and football games as they will on a trip to the mall.
- Make sure you look for purses with pockets, protective sleeves for high-tech gadgets, and clips for key chains or school IDs.
Danielle Nicole Crossbody Bags for Teens
Danielle Nicole offers fashion-forward designer handbags at affordable prices. Bags can be purchased from department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom as well as online at the Danielle Nicole website.
Minnie Mouse Crossbody
The Minnie Mouse Crossbody features a polyurethane and textured tweed shell featuring a Minnie Mouse heart design. Inside, you'll find a large compartment and one interior slip pocket. Other features include silver hardware and an adjustable strap. Price around $68.
Deadpool Pop Diecut Crossbody Bag
The Deadpool Pop Diecut crossbody bag offers a cool pop art die-cut front decal. The top of the purse features a zipper closure with a pocket located in the top just inside the front wall. Price is around $68.
Frozen 2 Hexagon Crossbody Bag for Teens
The Frozen 2 hexagon crossbody bag features a one-of-a-kind Frozen handbag. Design is in the shape of a hexagon and the purse is made of texture metallic fabric. The bag features embroidery with a zipper pull pompom. The crossbody strap is a chain design. Price is around $68.
Another designer name with cute purses teens will love, Kate Spade offers a range of styles. These purses tend to come in the latest color combinations and always look polished and pretty. Prices range from around $198 to $428.00 range, but you can score a heck of a deal with sale items that retail for far less.
The Runaround Collection makes for a perfect starter purse for young women getting into the handbag game. These crossbodies are sleek, well-sized, and come in a wide variety of colors, so there is bound to be one that suits every young style. A medium crossbody will set you back a little less than $200 and a larger crossbody runs just under $300.
Romy Mini Satchel
The Romy is dainty and stylish and perfect for teens interested in donning a purse. It comes in black and features the classic spade-shaped clasp. It can be carted around using the small top handle or teens can use the crossbody attachment for a hands-free option. This purse costs $298, and while pricey, it might make for a good birthday or graduation gift.
Cute Cheap Purses for Teens
In addition to the aforementioned brands, you'll probably have great success finding cute purses at stores designed for teenagers or have large teen departments. Try shopping at department stores and discount retailers, including Macy's or Nordstrom. Those stores have a nice mix of styles and price points. Try the following retailers for cheap options:
- Roxy: Look for a surfer-girl vibe with these beach-inspired bags. There are totes, shoulder bags, fanny packs, crossbody bags, and more, priced between about $20 to $50.
- Aeropostale: You'll find affordable, casual options here, in the form of bucket bags, backpacks, totes, and other styles. Expect to spend around $20 to $40 for most designs.
- Forever 21: Here, you'll find more trendy, budget-friendly options. Find totes, clutches, satchels, and several other designs starting around $12 to $25 for a crossbody, crossbody satchel, tote, and backpack designs.
- Kohl's: You can find designer styles at mid-range pricing at Kohl's, such as Simply Vera Wang, Relic, and LC Lauren Conrad. Prices run from about $10 to $350.
- Target: You can find cute cheap novelty purse styles and designs ranging from $20 to $50.
- ebags: ebags is an online-only seller that has many designer and designer-inspired bags at discounted pricing. Prices range from as low as $12 to as much as $900.
Designer Bag Warning
Clearly, there are plenty of cute purses available for teens, but some gals are especially fond of high-end designer handbags. There's nothing wrong with that, particularly since they're so prominent on television programs and in magazines are marketed to teenagers. The price tags, of course, are typically astronomical. So what's a girl to do?
Resist the temptation to score so-called "cheap" designer bags on eBay - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Visit stores that specialize in marked-down designer goods, such as Filene's Basement. You may not find the Versace or Marc Jacobs bag you've been daydreaming about, but the selections at these stores are upscale enough to satisfy a designer appetite.
Find Your Perfect Purse
No matter what your preferences are, there are tons of purses out there for you. Do you prefer classics in colors that go with just about everything, or do you like to switch it up and use a different purse each day to accessorize your outfit? Does your purse need to last a few years, or will you be fine replacing it after a few months? Decide what's important to you in a bag, then go out shopping for the best price. What you're looking for may not be the same as what's on your friend's checklist.