If you're a long-time fan of Betty Boop, you might be in the market for a purse to carry your own signature lipstick shade and other essentials while showing your love for the character. There are several different styles on the market, so it doesn't matter if you prefer satchels, crossbody bags, or something else.
Shopping for Betty Boop Purses
Before jumping into the purses, there's one tip to keep in mind: If you see something you absolutely must have, don't hesitate for too long because Betty Boop purses and wallets tend to sell out quickly. What's in stock today might not be there waiting for you a week from now.
We Love Betty Boop
We Love Betty Boop has a variety of styles to choose from, whether you want a casual tote or a more structured satchel style.
- The Betty Boop Purse Zodiac Style is a faux leather satchel style that lets you tell the world your zodiac sign, too. It's right around $30.00. It closes up with a zipper and the inside offers black lining, two zippered compartments, and pouches.
- If you want something brighter, there's always the Betty Boop Paisley and Polka Dots Tote Bag, also from We Love Betty Boop, for about $20.00. This one features Betty on a red patterned background and comes in four different sizes.
- The Betty Boop Hula Boop Tote Bag is another option that costs around $20.00. This one shows a colorful beach scene with Betty doing a hula dance. It comes in four sizes as well, so you can choose a larger or smaller size according to your needs.
Purse Obsession is a wholesale option with a wide variety of styles available.
- The Coral Betty Boop Messenger Bag is a round style that's also available for less than $15.00. It closes with a zipper along the top and also has a zippered pocket on the back, interior slip pockets, and adjustable strap.
- Love the glamorous feel of a faux leather white purse with rhinestones? The White Betty Boop Rhinestones Crossbody Bag is your match. The main and front compartments both close with zippers, and the bag costs just under $15.00.
Shoes.com has a surprising selection of Betty Boop bags. There are neutrals and bright colors and styles include totes, satchels, and more.
- The Betty Boop Signature Product Betty Boop Bag costs just over $40.00 and comes in black or white, though the front of the purse is colorful in either choice. It features Betty Boop in a seated pose with one leg extended in the air, propped up in front of a background that features blue, pink, and yellow swirls. This structured tote has a zip-top closure, open slip pocket, and zipper pocket.
- Shoes.com also has a crossbody style that comes in hot pink or zebra print for under $30.00. It closes along the top with a zipper and has an open pocket on the back. Inside, there are two additional pockets.
- Sometimes a slouchy hot pink hobo style is just what you need to finish your look. Expect to pay just under $40.00 for this style, which comes with a detachable shoulder strap, zipper closure along the top, and open and zip pockets inside.
The Bradford Exchange
The bags at The Bradford Exchange truly capture the essence of the Betty Boop character. Most styles are done in black, white, and red.
- The Sassy Patches Betty Boop Tote Bag has a patchwork look made up of red, black, gray, and cream, and it features several images of Betty Boop. The combination of finishes and materials make this bag even more interesting to look at. The top has a magnetic closure and the interior offers zippered and open pockets. There are also two exterior pockets on the sides. Expect to pay about $120.00 for this option.
- The Betty Boop Quilted Tote Bag with Vintage-Style Artwork is about $90.00. The majority of the bag is done in black and white, but Betty Boop herself has a few red accents to brighten it up, plus her name is written across the bottom center in red. The bag also features a red lining. The exterior has a zippered closure, two pockets, and two handles, while the inside has a zippered pocket and two additional pockets.
- The Betty Boop "Boop Oop a Doop" Shoulder Tote Bag is available for about $120.00 and features beautiful artwork all over the bag. Outside, there are two open pockets, a silver charm, and top zip. Inside, you'll find more zippered and slip pockets. Use the two handles or choose to use the detachable shoulder strap to carry this bag.
Overstock has a small selection of Betty Boop purses, however, these are often limited in stock. They offer both black and red-themed bags for a more traditional bag style along with more colorful versions (and a few luggage pieces as well).
- The Betty Boop Diner Suzie Satchel (With Betty Boop Patrol logo) is done in a fun style that includes a black top flap, star-themed black fabric on the bottom portion, and red accents in the front of the bag. It also incorporates a cute Betty Boop Patrol badge on the front and a Suzie's Diner hangtag. Gold-tone hardware adds a special touch, and the back of the bag offers a unique look with its full Betty Boop patrol car image. Get it for about $30.00.
The Betty Boop Signature Bag (about $50.00) is another option. It features a black, slightly duffle-type shape with an adorable zebra print accent and handles. Betty Boop herself is showcased on the front of the bag blowing her signature kiss, and it has rhinestone accents for added shine. Interior slip and zip pockets, a top zip closure, and a back zip pocket are helpful organizational features.
If you're looking for wholesale prices and deals for your store or boutique, Fashion World may have you covered with their assortment of styles and colors. You'll have to submit a wholesale application to see pricing information, but here is a look at some of the options:
- The BP112 is a small crossbody messenger style that comes in mint, pink, or green. It shows Betty looking over her shoulder, blowing a kiss, and winking on a background of items and words that represent Paris. It features gold and rhinestone accents and has a zip-top closure.
- The BB480509L is another crossbody style, this time in champagne, mint, or pewter. This one features Betty's Head on a lip print. It also closes with a zipper at the top and has two zipper pockets on the front.
- The B17B35 is another crossbody style, this time available in blue or taupe, and features a studded appearance with a small Betty Boop front and center. The hardware is silver and it also closes with a zipper.
Using Your Bag
In general, you can rock your Betty Boop purse with any outfit you'd like. The mostly black and white styles will look especially nice with an all-black outfit paired with red pumps and red lips if you really want to draw attention to your purse, but they can also balance out a more colorful outfit. Hot pink and zebra purse options add color and interest to an otherwise neutral outfit, too. Luckily, there's a Betty Boop purse option for any woman, whether you're the type who likes to keep things light and only carry your phone, keys, and signature lipstick shade (in that case, you can get by with one of the many crossbody styles) or the type who wants to have everything you might possibly need throughout the day (a tote or satchel will be your best friend).