Franco Sarto handbags are chic and stylish and even have similarities to high-end designer bags. They're a more affordable option, though, so it's easier to add variety to your wardrobe if you need more than one style.
Buying Franco Sarto Bags
Franco Sarto seemed to know from a very early age that he was born to create beautiful footwear. By age 14, he'd already begun an apprenticeship outside of Venice, learning to make shoes. By the time he was in his early 40s, he had created and launched his namesake line. From there, the brand grew to include other accessories, like handbags and sunglasses. You won't find any handbags on the Franco Sarto site itself, but you can still buy them elsewhere.
Walmart has one of the larger collections of Franco Sarto bags, including:
- Sarah Faux Leather Hobo Bag (also under $50.00), which comes in light brown and has fringe around the top, a snap closure, and an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Cypress Reversible Tote Bag (under $50.00), a floral print on a blue background that shows a solid gray fabric on the other side. That makes it a versatile option that can give off a classic or romantic vibe. It's also available in a paisley/olive combination. This one doesn't offer any exterior pockets.
Amazon's selection of available Franco Sarto bags is surprisingly small compared to the vast selection they tend to have. Here, you'll find:
- Brielle Faux Leather Multi-Sectional Handbag (about $50.00), which comes in a light neutral shade called Cloud. It has two open compartments with a zippered one in the middle. The bag has a magnetic closure that holds the front and back compartments together, with the zippered section safely between them. This is a simple, everyday purse that can go almost anywhere.
- Dallas Quilted Travel Tote (about $20.00), the perfect pop of color for any outfit, this red tote is made from pebbled PVC and has a polyester lining. Its main closure is magnetic, but zippered pockets on the front and back can help make sure smaller items stay safe and secure. The interior has two slip pockets and one more zipper pocket.
Burlington Coat Factory
Burlington Coat Factory won't necessarily have a lot to choose from, but they do have some classic styles that may be the perfect wardrobe solution. For example, there's the:
- Signature Saffiano Tote, a steal at about $20.00. This bag is beige and tan and has room for all of your daily necessities. It offers comfortable straps, a zipper along the top, an exterior slip pocket, and two slip pockets and a zipper pocket on the inside. Though its color palette is neutral, the bold stripes make it stand out amongst other tote styles.
- Signature Saffiano Convertible Satchel (less than $30.00), a pink option that almost appears neutral and has an understated pattern. Choose to carry it on your arm with the two shorter straps, or on your shoulder with the longer, adjustable strap. The inside has one zipper pocket and two slip pockets, and the outside has one slip pocket, making it easy to stay somewhat organized even with so much space.
You can find quite a few styles at Jet.com, including:
- Joslyn Wallet on a String (about $20.00), a compact style available in a variety of colors. Carry your ID, credit cards, phone, and a couple of other small items. Even though it's called a "wallet on a string," it does come with a shoulder strap so you can keep your hands free.
- Caterina Faux Leather Convertible Hobo Handbag (less than $50.00), a much larger option that's 12.5 inches wide, 12 inches tall, and 4.5 inches deep. In addition to the main compartment, there's another smaller one on the front designed to hold your cell phone. This particular bag is done in a beautiful blush shade.
Other Places to Look
If you really like the idea of a Franco Sarto handbag but can't find the perfect purse at a regular retailer, there are a few other places you can check. The styles will vary - which is what you're probably hoping for - but the prices should still be reasonable.
- Tradesy: What's available here will change from day to day, but you can take your pick from bags that are new with tags, like new, or gently used. You may be able to find a style you can't get anywhere else. Narrow your selection down by price, style, material, or color to make the experience that much easier. You can find traditional as well as trendy looks (like the blue/grey pebbled leather bag below, just over $40).
- eBay: Again, the selection will always be changing, but you never know which styles and colors you'll be able to find.
- Poshmark: Grab a gently used, like new, or new-with-tags bag here, too. There are pages of all types of Franco Sarto bags to choose from, like the stylish yellow crossbosy bag (about $30) shown below.
Franco Sarto Pros and Cons
There are some pros and cons to any handbag line, including Franco Sarto. Here are the pluses and minuses to consider when you shop:
- Wide variety of styles to choose from
- Available at a few easily accessible retailers as well as secondhand shops
- Though not designed to be replicas, the lines and details somewhat mimic those of much more expensive designer bags
- Not widely available, as they are no longer be available directly from Franco Sarto or many department stores
- Some are not genuine leather, though this could also be a pro, depending on what you're looking for
- It's unlikely that new styles will be showing up on the market
The Beauty of Franco Sarto Bags
Franco Sarto handbags perfectly combine a sophisticated, classic look with a price point to suit almost any budget. These bags can be enjoyed in any season and aren't so trendy that you'll feel the need to retire it one year into its life.