Love horses? Travel a lot? Combining the two makes perfect sense. You can get horse luggage in neutrals or whimsical colors, and pieces suitable for men, women, and children are available.
Where to Shop
Luggage with horses on it isn't the easiest to come by. You may not find what you're looking for during a last-minute trip to a big box store or department store, but you can have some luck online if you have the time.
Chick's Discount Saddlery
Chick's Saddlery has a few different horse designs. They offer backpacks, train cases, luggage sets designed with riders in mind, and more. In business since 1975, Chick's Discount Saddlery is a large discount retailer for saddlery and horse equipment, but they have plenty of other items for horse lovers, too, including luggage. Shipping is dependent on the cost of your order, but starts at just under $7.00. You can return items in new condition withing 30 days of purchase. Take a look at:
- The Free to Roam Train Case Set (around $25.00), which comes with a large and small case. The large is 11" x 7" x 9" and the small one is 9.75" x 6" x 7.5". If you love neutral luggage and horses, this could be perfect for transporting your toiletries and cosmetics. The set is sand with black trim and multi-colored horses. These are made with travel situations in mind, with rubber feet to keep the bottoms clean and a removable shoulder strap to keep your hands free while traveling. Store the small one inside the large one when they're not in use and save space. Other matching pieces are available, like the hanging cosmetic bag, drawstring backpack, day pack, tote, and more. Since these luggage pieces are on the smaller side, they may only work for shorter trips or need to be combined with other luggage to accommodate all your belongings.
- The English Horse Tapestry Show Luggage Set is available for about $60.00. While it was created for riders to transport and protect their show attire, others could make use of it, too. It comes with a coat bag, boot bag, and helmet bag, plus a hanging toiletries bag. The print features horses, boots, helmets, gloves, and more, on a light tan background. The coat bag has a place for identification, two small exterior pockets, padded carrying handles, and a zipper closure. The helmet bag has a carry strap, mesh pouch, and zipper closure, while the fully lined boot bag has two lined small pockets on the outside, ID pocket, reinforced bottom, and zipper closure. Those who want soft-sided pieces may appreciate this set, but may not be ideal for those who want hard case or water-resistant products.
- The Camo Horses and Horse Shoes Backpack comes in bright pink or grey and only costs about $30.00. It's 16" x 11.5" x 5". Each side has a mesh pocket that's the perfect size for stashing a bottle of water, and the two main compartments close with a zipper. This is designed for comfort with padded straps, so if you'll be spending a lot of time on foot in your travels, this will dig into your shoulders less than some other styles. This is best as a carry on piece or as a complement to another luggage set.
Wildkin has quite a selection of bags and luggage featuring horses. They are a company based out of Nashville, Tennessee, that focuses on offering everyday essentials with fun prints and patterns. Shipping costs depend on the total order and preferred shipping method, and returns are accepted within 30 days of purchase. When it comes to horse prints, there are two patterns to choose from:
- Horse Dreams: A light taupe background, sometimes with black accents, that features brown, black, and white horses.
- Horses in Pink: A pink background with white, tan, and brown horses. This one also has black accents sometimes.
Each pattern has duffel bags, messenger bags, and backpacks. Horse Dreams also has a rolling duffel and pack-it-all pouch. Some examples include:
- The Horse Dreams Overnighter Duffel Bag (about $30.00), which is 18" x 9" x 9" and comes with a detachable padded shoulder strap. The exterior is nylon, so it's moisture-resistant, which is great if you're traveling in the rain and part of your trip has to be done on foot. There's also a zippered exterior pocket, perfect for storing a phone and/or earbuds.
- The Horses in Pink Sidekick Backpack (about $30.00), which is a bit smaller than the duffel at 15" x 12" x 7". This one is also made from a moisture-resistant nylon that makes it great for almost any kind of weather. The back is even padded to keep you comfortable. Inside, you'll find pencil holders and utility pockets. This one's best for a quick trip that lasts only one or two days.
Amazon has practically everything, including horse print luggage. They have some of the Wildkin products (both prints) as well as a few extras from other brands. Check out:
- The Three-Piece Luggage Set Western Horse Tapestry Luggage, which is just over $300.00 and available from Ozark Leather Company through Amazon. The small (14"x20"), medium (14"x24"x11"), and large (18"x28"x11") bags fit inside each other, so they're easy to store when not in use. Each one has wheels, an adjustable handle, and a lock, so it's easy to keep your items safe and secure and a breeze to move them from place to place. This is a more subtle and understated print, which may work well for older teens, men, or women. The tapestry may be a bit harder to keep clean than synthetic leather styles.
- The Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Luggage in the Girl Horse style is available for less than $40.00 and perfect for little girls. There are a lot of smaller pockets for art supplies, headphones, and more. The extendable handle makes it easy for kids to pull behind them when the contents could make it too heavy to carry on their back. Shipping and returns are free.
- The HUGSIDEA 3D Animals Backpack is one of the brighter, more vibrant options out there, with a background of blue, teal, and magenta and a horse featuring many colors. It's large enough to carry a 15-inch laptop, among other things, and keeps things organized with two side mesh pockets, a zipper pocket on front, and a main compartment. It's good for school, of course, but it could also be all you need to spend one night away from home, or to keep the essentials near you when all of your other, larger luggage is in a trunk or other area you can't get to en route. Keep snacks, a tablet or laptop, headphones, a journal and pen, book, and more inside this backpack.
Back in The Saddle
A specialty store that has tons of different items for horse lovers, Back in The Saddle determines shipping charges based on your total order, with costs starting at just under $6 for orders of under $20.
They offer a Horse Print Carry On Rolling Suitcase made of durable synthetic leather and adorned with tooled trim and fun and feminine crystal and stud accents. It has a versatile dark brown background with white horses and horseshoes for the print. In addition to its rolling feature, it also has a padded handle. Its dimensions are 14" x 18" x 9". The material makes it a bit more water resistant than some other styles, but the synthetic leather could wear out over time, especially with frequent travel. You can purchase this for about $120.
Wild West Living
Wild West Living sells apparel, art, decor, home accessories, and more with a western theme. Shipping is free on orders of $50 or more, and orders can be returned within 30 days.
Wild West Living offers a Western Horse Art Three-Piece Luggage Set that features a bold single horse print painted by artist Laurie Prindle on each piece. It is embellished with rhinestones and silver studs along the top. Made from synthetic PU leather, it has a four-wheel spinner system for easy travel, telescoping handles, and a lined interior. An added benefit of this set is that it comes with both top and side handles, making it a bit more versatile than some other styles on the market. Dimensions are as follows: Large, 16" x 10" x 25"; Medium: 13.5" x 7.5 " x 20"; and Carry-on: 19" x 5" x 14." The style is more mature than some of the smaller prints out there, making it a good choice for an adult. It retails for about $350.
The Western Peddler
The Western Peddler sells home decor, gifts, apparel, jewelry, and more inspired by the west. Payments to this merchant are done through PayPal, and shipping rates vary depending on your order, starting at around $7.00.
The Horsehead Two-Piece Luggage Set from The Western Peddler features two synthetic leather bags that secure with snaps to telescoping rolling handles. The set includes a large bag: 15 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 18", and a medium bag: 19" x 4 1/2" x 14". It features a print that is of a single horsehead on each piece with a rich blue background. It also includes a zip around enclosure and outer zip pocket. This bag set is more unisex than some of the other looks because it lacks the studs and crystals that other pieces sometimes use as accents. Since the style attaches separately to they are versatile, but may need a bit more care when traveling to ensure they stay in place than those with built-in rolling handles. Find this set for about $195.
Get Your Luggage
Whether you prefer rugged or whimsical, neutrals or brights, there's horse print luggage out there for you. Take your pick between a simple backpack, a rolling bag, or even a three-piece set. Mix and match to show the world how much you love horses when you travel overnight or longer.