Add a little color and spunk to your warm weather wardrobe with a few fun beach bags. You can count on turning a few heads or, at the very least, adding a little jolt to your outfit with the addition of one of these bright, cheerful bags.
Shopping for Beach Bag Styles
Like all popular fashion items, beach bags have been adopted by high fashion designers who have turned this simple sun accessory into a resort collection and summer "must-have". However, if you are budget conscious, then simple bags can be found seasonally in almost all department stores and mass merchants.
Beautiful and Simple Designs
Simple beach bags are often done with floral designs, beach scenes, or other artistic prints. Leopard or animal prints covering a beach bag can make it look bold and glamorous. Softer fabrics and whimsical designs offer feminine appeal.
Some simple bags to check out include:
- Danielle Renee Jewel Inspired Totes: If you have a little money to spend, you might want to consider one of these pretty designer totes. You'll find designs such as "Looking Through Portholes," which features fish looking through little windows. Whatever your style, Danielle Renee is certain to have something that fits.
- Daisies Beautiful: If you are looking for a unique bag that is also pretty to look at, check out this daisy bag. It is made from canvas and has colors that are bold, brilliant and quite eye catching.
- Luxury Divas Oversize Tote: This roomy tote comes in a beautiful, multicolor-striped tribal pattern accented with rope handles. The inner lining can be extended for additional storage space, which comes in handy when you need to pack a lot.
- Roxy Network Tote: Found at SwimOutlet, this bag is done in black fabric and features bold flowers. It has wooden beads on the handles and is great for a day at the beach or a trip to the local pool.
There are many great bags done with functional details, like multiple pockets, drink holders, small zippered compartments (for any personal effects you choose to carry) and more. You'll find that your beach trip is much more organized when your bag is such a multitasker. Some multi-purpose bags to consider are:
- Lands' End Extra Large Natural Zip Top Tote: This bag is constructed from durable cotton canvas and stands upright. It is reinforced, has a rip-resistant bottom and handles. It also has a top zippered closure and four interior pockets. This not only makes a great beach bag but can work for just about any purpose you choose. For a special touch, have this bag monogrammed with your initials.
- Le Sportsac Striped Clear Tote: This open top tote bag can easily transition from "real world" to beach simple. Part of the Beach Collection, it is done in clear PVC with your choice of either blue and green or pink and orange colored matte PVC pieced stripes. This bag also has an exterior front panel pocket and an interior detachable solid ripstop pouch.
Designer Beach Styles
Almost every popular designer creates something special for the resort and summer seasons. These designers often include a beach bag or two in their collections. Some designer bags that are suitable for the beach are:
- Diane von Furstenberg's Signature Shadow Beach Tote: Found at Bergdorf Goodman, this bag is made of durable blue PVC and features a beautiful ocean scene wave print. It has two handles and one open pocket on the inside of the tote.
- Lilly Pulitzer Beach Tote: Sold at Nordstrom, this nautical print bag is made from canvas. It has an inner zip pocket and a spacious interior that's large enough to hold all your essentials.
- Juicy Couture Tote: Found at Bloomingdales, this cute tote is done in bright yellow. It has double shoulder straps and a removable zipper pouch as well as cut out detailing and a decorative hang tag.
Places to Shop
Bags for the beach can be found during the summer season at most discount and department stores. They can almost always be found anywhere that swimwear is sold. In addition, a large selection of bags in a variety of styles and sizes can easily be found online at the following sites:
- SwimOutlet: Browse the selection here for a range of different materials and designs. This is a good place to look if you want more bold, colorful designs, although they carry basic styles as well.
- Lands' End: Sturdy and stylish, these bags are mosly streamlined and simple in design. Many bags can also function as everyday tote bags, making them versatile choices.
- Beach Store: If you're looking for a specific feature, this retailer offers categories for their large selection so you can browse by style, features like cooler inserts, waterproof bags, or even bags designed just for towels.
- 4TheBeach: If you have a penchant for a beach tote or bag that is cute, fun, and bright, you'll find great colors and interesting prints and designs at this store.
- Target: Trendy styles in straw and cloth can be found at Target, and their affordable prices are another bonus.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Bag
- Easy care: The most important characteristic of your resort bag is that it should be water-resistant and easy to clean. You will want to choose a stylish bag that can be easily freed of sand, and one that will not be harmed by water.
- Materials: You can find bags for the beach done in materials such as canvas, straw and plastic. Choose a material that will hold up to your needs -- if you travel lightly to the beach a lightweight cloth style may work; for those who carry more a heavy-duty canvas or plastic style might be better.
- Size: Bags range from giant, oversize versions to more petite individual styles. When buying online, make sure to look at the specifications for sizing so you have enough room in your bag.
- Organization: Although you may not think about organizing features for a bag meant for the pool or beach, they can be helpful for storing small items like sunglasses, car keys, or sunscreen. Look for at least one zippered compartment or pocket to stow your your smaller items.
Show Your Style
Many bags used for the beach serve multiple purposes, so you may want a beautiful one that shows off your sense of style. Whether you decide to purchase a nice-looking, but inexpensive tote or spend a little more and get a truly beautiful conversation peace, there are many options available for the summer season.